Job Description – Sailor RsR Nemo
• Department : Nautical Department
• Reports to : Steersman
• Working location : The workplace is on board the vessels managed by RSR Nemo.
RSR Nemo is a ship management company that delivers services at the highest standards. All services we offer and crew we recruit must be of equal quality to meet the expectations of our clients. Our crew that is working on cruise ships consists of over 500 people in diverse positions, of over 15 nationalities.
Our mission – High quality comes with high standards.
We expect of our people to be top-class. In return, we want to offer them a stable environment, with plenty of opportunities for those who meet our requirements. As a leader in the river cruise industry it is our goal to keep on evolving, constantly growing and improving our services.
The Sailor is responsible for maintenance and nautical duties on board of the of a cruise ship. He is subordinate to the Captain or his representative and assumes a special role during emergencies : Respiratory protection – Operation of the lifeboat – Leak sealing, and other safety related tasks requested by the first captain.
• Implementing on board and ensuring compliance with the Scylla AG and the Company’s Policies and guidelines, including the rules regarding the Alcohol consumption.
• Daily maintenance and cleaning of the vessel.
• Assisting the Captain in taking care of the vessel and all persons on board.
• Assisting the Captain in taking care of safety and the performance of regulations stipulated by law.
• Sanding and painting the vessel.• Mooring, navigating locks and operating the gangway.
• Assuming responsibility for the sundeck; clean, tidy and arrange furniture twice per day.
• Take over the night watch shift once per week.
• Motivating and supervising fellow personnel in compliance with company guidelines.
• Reporting technical and any other defects to the Captain.
• Careful use and maintenance of materials provided by the Company.
• Consulting in cases of doubt or the discovery of irregularities
• Strict compliance with the specified standards with regards to outer appearance and work clothes, ensuring that these are clean and intact.
• Answering any questions from guests and/or colleagues politely and correctly.
• Assisting with embarkation and disembarkation of guests.
• Assisting with provisions (stores).
• Rhine Sailor Qualification
• Experience in the same position on passenger vessels
• Good command of English and / or German
• Competitive salary package
• Swiss Contract
• Option of 4:2 / 4:4 rotation
• Benefits including health insurance and social security insurance
• An international and multicultural working environment
• A unique experience, seeing the world while working on the most innovative and luxurious river vessels in Europe
• Onboard training
How to apply
Have you become enthusiastic about the position and our organization? Please send your CV accompanied by your motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to receive your application and learning about your motivation for this position !