We are currently looking for a motivated Housekeeper to join Viking River Cruises. If you are a hard working, positive and flexible team-player with relevant experience, apply to one of our positions today and become a Viking!
The right fit for this opening would be based on below criteria. (Hotel experience is a must)
- Male or Female
- European passport (no 3rd state to avoid Visa issuing process).
- Explicit attitude and positive personality.
- Open mildness and tolerance is required to work among international crew.
- Willingness and ambition to expand his/hers knowledge.
- Ready for deployment ASAP.
APPLY TODAY AND BECOME A VIKING!
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide guests at all times with friendly, personalized housekeeping service. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining high standards and consistency of cleanliness of the guest staterooms and all public areas while providing our guests an outstanding customer service.
• This document is not a definite overview of the expected responsibilities, tasks and duties. Items can be added in the future depending on the final departmental development. The holder of this statement can be asked to take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated on the paper.
• Responsible for the entire housekeeping operation onboard
• Inspection and cleanliness of all staterooms and public areas
• Monitoring and follow up of maintenance repairs
• Correct receipt and distribution of guest laundry
• Distribution, control and return of the Viking River Cruises uniforms
• Ensuring a smooth operation on a embarkation day
• Ensuring impeccable cleanliness and order within the housekeeping department
• Assisting with stateroom cleaning and laundry duty if needed
• Operation of procedures according to company standards and HACCP rules
• Ensuring regular care of plants and flowers onboard
• Collection and preparation of daily program for distribution, organization of gift orders and turndown services
• Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
• Management and motivation of the housekeeping crew
• Motivation and training of housekeeping team
• Supervision of housekeeping team and operation of the duties and responsibilities
• Preparation and administration of performance reviews
• Replacement of Stateroom Steward/ess. (during days off and/or according to the operational needs)
• Knowledge and application of infection control, outbreak prevention and MSDS
• Participation in loading and correct stocking of stores
• Responsible for cost control and adherence to set budgets
• Cost control for housekeeping within budget
• Stock and chemical products ordering in cooperation with Hotel Manager
• Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
• Inventory according to company procedures
• Conduct the departmental “Daily Reunion”
• Ensure that all guest complaints received are either settled immediately or referred to the relative party for follow up. Guest to be promptly advised of all actions taken
• Assistance in the Guest Services as required and appointed by the management
• Ability to effectively deal with internal & external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts
• Outstanding flexibility: must be able to work at different times during the day as scheduled by the management, under pressure and reflect at all times, even under difficult conditions, a positive can-do attitude and the best image of Viking
• Excellent communication with other departments, especially the Guest Services, Maintenance and Food & Beverage
• Achieve/succeed the KPI goals for the department as a housekeeping team
• Strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives
• Become knowledgeable about all itinerary-related ports of call and shore excursions
• Full knowledge of the daily program
• Ensure excellent knowledge about the Suite Amenity program
• Full knowledge about safety & security procedures, Participations in all training concerning safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company
Requirements & Experience
- High School Diploma, with Hospitality degree (BA, MBA) preferred
• Minimum of 3 years previous experience required in an upscale cruise line or hotel of comparable size in the similar position in the scope of the Housekeeping department
• Excellent English communication skills, Service-oriented and guest focused, attention to detail
• Must be able to deal correctly with confidential information and must be discrete
• Must be well groomed and maintain impeccable hygiene standards
• Extensive walking required and ability to stand on feet for a long time
• Hours may vary based upon organizational needs and operational demands
• Guest focused, service oriented, positive personality and professional appearance
• Flexible and stress resistant, team player, shows commitment
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
• Implement PSO policies, procedures, standards, as laid out by the management
• Ensure appropriate appearance and clothing according to the updated grooming standards
• The company reserves the right to change/extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her/his employment
Supervisor: Hotel Manager, Corporate Housekeeper
Gives instructions to: Stateroom Steward/ess
Receives instructions from: Hotel Manager, Corporate Housekeeper, Corporate Operations Manager
Our contact details are:
Cosmos Agency Ltd.
A: 6, Petko Karavelov St, 9000 Varna, Bulgaria
T: +359 52 609935; +359 52 655850
M: +359 88 2591344